Dear members of the Federation,
Thank you for attending the Federation’s 2022 virtual Annual Meeting yesterday. We hope that you found the meeting useful and informative.
With yesterday’s meeting, Mike DeGagné began his second year as Chair of the Federation’s Board of Directors.
Following your vote, we are pleased to announce the election of three new Directors to the Federation Board:
- Sylvia Bawa, Associate Professor of Sociology, York University
- Charmain Levy, Professor of Social Sciences, Université du Québec en Outaouais
- David Malloy, President, King’s University College, Western University
The following Board member was re-elected for a second two-year term:
- Jennifer Andrews, Professor in the Department of English at the University of New Brunswick
The Federation wishes to thank the following outgoing members of the Board for their years of valuable service:
- Past President Patrizia Albanese, Associate Dean, Scholarly Research and Creative Activities & Graduate Studies, Toronto Metropolitan University
- Board Director Wesley Crichlow, Associate Dean of Equity and Diversity, Ontario Tech University
- ASPP Academic Council Chair Marcel Martel, Avie Bennett Historica Canada Chair in Canadian History, York University
The Annual Meeting also presented an opportunity to update our members on the following Federation activities:
- Our latest update on the progress that has been achieved in the area of equity, diversity, inclusion, and decolonization (EDID)
- Our latest report on the role of the humanities and social sciences entitled “Think Big: How the social sciences and humanities are building a better Canada”
- Our review of the Awards to Scholarly Publications Program (ASPP) in the areas of open access and EDID
- Preparations for Congress 2023 at York University
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Again, thank you for your time, have a great summer, and we hope to connect with you again soon!
President and CEO
Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences