Members play a key role in influencing federal policy by contributing to the development of the Federation’s advocacy positions, and providing input to any major submission, recommendation, or statement from the Federation. They can stay in the loop through communiques and participate in information sessions about government decisions that affect the academic community.
Also, members may share their pre-budget recommendations with the Federation at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Response to Federal Budget 2021:
Pre-budget submission 2021:
Response to Federal Budget 2019:
Pre-budget submission 2019:
Response to Federal Budget 2018:
Pre-budget submission 2018:
- Key messages for Budget 2018
- Budget 2018 Consultations: Submission to the House of Commons Standing Committee on Finance
- Seizing the opportunity of the Science Review: Key messages for the HSS community
- Presentation to the Standing Committee on Finance
Response to Federal Budget 2017:
Pre-budget submission 2017:
Response to Federal Budget 2016:
In June 2016, Minister of Science Kirsty Duncan launched an independent review of federal funding for fundamental science. In April 2017, the review’s advisory panel published their recommendations, after a nation-wide consultation process. The Federation helped to inform the panel’s recommendations and encourages the Government of Canada to act on its findings.
Federation welcomes the Science Review panel’s report
- Seizing the opportunity of the Science Review: Key messages for the HSS community (Aug 15, 2017)
- Briefing note for members – Investing in Canada: The report of the Advisory Panel on Federal Support for Fundamental Science (Apr 20, 2017)
- Federation media release: Fundamental Science Panel sets bold vision for Canadian research system (Apr 10, 2017)
Federation submission to the 2016 Science Review consultation
- Federation submission: Grasping the complexity of things: Building a federal research system to serve all Canadians (Sep 30, 2016)