What is it?
The Annual Meeting of Members is an occasion for Members to:
- receive the annual report from the Board of Directors;
- receive the financial statements and auditor’s report;
- appoint auditors for the next audit;
- hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors;
- sanction changes to the Federation’s bylaws; and
- discuss issues of importance to the humanities and social sciences community.
Presidents of the Federation’s member associations and member institutions are invited to attend the Annual Meeting and are eligible to vote during the meeting. If they are unable to attend the meeting themselves, they can either identify one Member Representative to represent them, or cast their vote ahead of the meeting by using an Absentee Ballot.
Only voting members are entitled to be present at the Annual Meeting of the Members.
When is it?
Annual Meeting 2023
The Annual Meeting will be held virtually on Thursday, April 27, 2023, at 2:00 - 4:00pm (ET). An invitation to the Annual Meeting has been sent to Presidents of all member associations and institutions. The Board election will take place during this meeting.
Annual Meeting 2022
The 2022 Annual Meeting was held virtually on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 1:00 – 3:00pm (E.T). The Board election took place during this meeting. The results of the 2022 election are available on our Leadership page.
More details about the nomination process, the role of the Governance and Nominating Committee, the Election Policy and Procedures, and the Federation bylaws are available on our Governance page.