What is it?
The Annual Meeting of Members is an occasion for Members to:
- receive the annual report from the Board of Directors;
- receive the financial statements and auditor’s report;
- appoint auditors for the next audit;
- hold elections for open positions on the Board of Directors;
- sanction changes to the Federation’s bylaws; and
- discuss issues of importance to the humanities and social sciences community.
Presidents of the Federation’s member associations and member institutions are invited to attend the Annual Meeting. If they are unable to attend the meeting themselves, they must identify one Member Representative to represent them. The only persons entitled to be present at a Meeting of the Members shall be those entitled to vote at the meeting.
Presidents of all member associations and member institutions, as well as the Federation’s Board of Directors, are eligible to vote at the Annual Meeting. Should a president of a member association or institution not be available to attend, they may cast their vote ahead of the meeting by using an Absentee Ballot, or designate a member representative.
When is it?
The 2021 Annual Meeting took place virtually on June 23, 2021. Elections for the Board of Directors were held during this meeting.
More details about the nomination process, elections, the role of the Governance and Nominating Committee, and the Federation bylaws are available on our Governance page.