Dear members of the Federation,
Thank you for attending the Federation’s 2023 virtual Annual Meeting today. We hope that you found the meeting useful and informative.
With today’s meeting, Annie Pilote, Dean, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies at the Université Laval, assumes the role of current Chair of the Board, thereby ending her one-year term as Chair-Elect, and Mike DeGagné, president and CEO of Indspire, assumes the role of Past-Chair, after completing his two-year term as Chair of the Board.
Following your vote, we are pleased to announce the election of one new Director to the Federation Board:
- Debra Thompson, Associate Professor of Political Science, McGill University
The following Board members were re-elected for a second two-year term:
- Penny Bryden, Professor of History, University of Victoria
- Jenny (Jing) Chen, Professor and William A. Black Chair in Commerce, Dalhousie University
- Stéphane Grenier, Professor and researcher in Social Work, Université du Québec en Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Temitope Oriola, Professor of Criminology and Sociology; Associate Dean (Undergraduate Studies), University of Alberta
- Barrington Walker, Associate Vice President Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; Professor of History, Wilfrid Laurier University; newly-appointed Vice-Provost, Equity and Inclusion, McMaster University
The Federation wishes to thank outgoing member of the Board, Deanna Reder, Associate Professor in the departments of Indigenous Studies and of English, Simon Fraser University, for her years of valuable service.
The Annual Meeting also presented an opportunity to update our members on the following Federation activities:
- The latest EDID progress update, including the Congress 2023 EDID Action Plan
- Changes to the Scholarly Book Awards (formerly known as ASPP)
- The Federation’s analysis of the 2023 Federal Budget
- Preparations for Congress 2023 at York University
If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Again, thank you for your time, have a great summer, and we hope to connect with you again soon see you at York for Congress 2023!
The Federation team